Monday, February 7, 2011

We'll miss you buddy!


Poncho,
You were such a great dog! Now, great is relative for a dog who ate a sofa, a bag of paintballs, my wedding ring, and about 100 pairs of shoes. You were such a lover, and would get thrilled to death when we walked out of the bathroom (after 1 minute of being in there) like we had been gone all day. You slept on my feet for 10 1/2 years, and if your brother tried to take that coveted spot on the bed, you just layed on top of him. You would only listen to dad, and if I told you to go in your room, you rolled over with your belly up and refused to move. I just left you, because I never really wanted you away from me anyway. You let our babies play doctor on you, sit on you, and pull your tongue out over your head. You watched as we brought 3 babies home, and sat next to their swing in the living room each time. One of your favorite things to do was to take the trash out with me, you would "heel" all the way to the trash can and back in the front yard, quite an accomplishment for such an excited boy. You were so in love with everyone in our family.

We cried with the kids last night, and are so sad for your brother who is looking all over the house for you. You are greatly missed already my friend.



4 comments:

The Wilkes said...

So so sad. I'm crying with you guys. Hope everyone is doing ok. Let me know if there is anything we can do.

Laurel said...

Oh, Poncho, rest in peace. I believe there is a heaven where you are eating all the shoes and sofas you want, playing with children and patiently waiting for your brother and your "humans" to join you one day.

Beth said...

Sorry to hear about Poncho. He sounds like he was a great dog.

Amber said...

I am crying right now! Our puppies are such a HUGE part of the family... I dread the day...